Old 12-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Adi Roiban

Default Import failure messages in Launchpad Translation

Hi,

Even after la last refactoring in rosetta there are still many timeouts
durring a normal translation session.

This is why I wast trying to download the PO file, translate is offline
and then upload the file back.

I tried to import a po file and after waiting some time the file import
failed.
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/rhythmbox/+imports

I want to know where could I find the reason why this import failed.

----
I made some changes into the original PO file. The romanian PO file
downloaded from launchpad had only 2 plural. forms and in romanian we
have 3 plural forms so I added the third form to all plural strings.

Kind regards,
--
Adi Roiban

Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Jeroen Vermeulen

Adi Roiban wrote:

> Even after la last refactoring in rosetta there are still many timeouts
> durring a normal translation session.

That may have been related to a heavy processing job we were running on
the server. The page you point to works fine for me now.

> I tried to import a po file and after waiting some time the file import
> failed.
> https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/rhythmbox/+imports
>
> I want to know where could I find the reason why this import failed.

The upload failed because of bug 173144:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/173144

There have been some announcements about this on the ubuntu-translators
list. In short, Ubuntu translations should not contain translation
credits messages. Normally those would be ignored (since Launchpad
generates the credits lists automatically anyway) but this bug causes
the import to fail without notice.

> I made some changes into the original PO file. The romanian PO file
> downloaded from launchpad had only 2 plural. forms and in romanian we
> have 3 plural forms so I added the third form to all plural strings.

Thank you. Launchpad knows about the 3 plural forms, so it will now see
those translations as complete.

Jeroen