-   -   Launchpad login to help.ubuntu.com (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/156380-launchpad-login-help-ubuntu-com.html)

"Jad/Hakam madi" 09-08-2008 09:19 PM

Launchpad login to help.ubuntu.com

I got a slight problem that preventing me from changing my user preferences,
When I try logging-in from help.ubuntu.com I get the following

Logged in as https://login.launchpad.net/+id/nBE3KJz –
and an error message that says
Invalid user name 'https://login.launchpad.net/+id/nBE3KJz'. Name may
contain any Unicode alpha numeric character, with optional one space
between words. Group page name is not allowed.

whenever I try to update my preferences to test the new theme.

I'm not sure if it's launchpad problem or a wiki one but since it's a
cross lp wiki I'm asking here :-)

Andrew Bennetts 09-09-2008 12:25 AM

Jad/Hakam madi wrote:
> I got a slight problem that preventing me from changing my user preferences,
> When I try logging-in from help.ubuntu.com I get the following
>

> Logged in as https://login.launchpad.net/+id/nBE3KJz –
> and an error message that says
> Invalid user name 'https://login.launchpad.net/+id/nBE3KJz'. Name may
> contain any Unicode alpha numeric character, with optional one space
> between words. Group page name is not allowed.
>
> whenever I try to update my preferences to test the new theme.
>
> I'm not sure if it's launchpad problem or a wiki one but since it's a
> cross lp wiki I'm asking here :-)

This is a known bug, reported yesterday:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/267647>

-Andrew.