Old 08-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Bryce Harrington

Default submit upstream

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:07:27PM +0100, (``-_-) -- Fernando wrote:
> Is LP/malone currently able to send bug tickets upstream (to BTS like bugzilla) ?
> I think its capable of fetching the status of bug, by tracking it state, but what about submit (if not duplicated) ?

Nope

> I open many new bug via email to malone, and it would be great to have a flag like {submit upstream} and have it sent upstream and tracked on LP.
>
> Possible?
>
> if not, is it in the futures plan?

Sure hope so.

But there's a lot of questions about how it should work. For instance,
usually the reporter's initial description is inappropriate to upstream,
and it's only after a bit of preliminary review/troubleshooting that the
actual problem comes to light. So the upstream report is usually a
rewrite/summary of the Ubuntu report, and that can't be automated.

Bryce