Old 09-01-2008, 02:48 PM
"Tom Berger"

Default LP location maps

2008/9/1 (``-_-创) -- Fernando <ubuntu@bugabundo.net>:
> When did we get google maps localtions for user profiles?

Last week.

--
Tom Berger

Old 09-01-2008, 02:54 PM
"Rub閚 Hubuntu"

Yeah... It's awesome. Specially when it comes to groups.

R.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Adi Roiban

蝞 data de Lu, 01-09-2008 la 15:48 +0100, Tom Berger a scris:
> 2008/9/1 (``-_-创) -- Fernando <ubuntu@bugabundo.net>:
> > When did we get google maps localtions for user profiles?
>
> Last week.

Yep!

They are very useful but every time I load a page from launchpad
containing a map I am notified about an insecure source contained in
this page. This is very annoying! I'm using epiphamy.

--
Adi Roiban

Old 09-01-2008, 03:04 PM
"Rub閚 Hubuntu"

Works like a charm with opera and fieefox (intrepid).

R.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Mathias Florian Menzer

Wouldn't there be the possibility to use a more "open" platfrom such as
from the Openstreetmap Project?

--
Greetings Mathias [[mfm]]

Old 09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
"Jacob Peddicord"

Can we really edit *anyone's* location, or is this just a bug?
Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net
jpeddicord@ubuntu.com

jacob@fosswire.com

When did we get google maps localtions for user profiles?

--

BUGabundo *)

(``-_-创) * * * http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net

Linux user #443786 * *GPG key 1024D/A1784EBB

Old 09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Patrice Vetsel

Tom Berger a 閏rit*:

When did we get google maps localtions for user profiles?

Last week.

I would prefer a map using openlayers that let user to choose between
openstreetmap or google map

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OpenLayers

--
Patrice Vetsel <ubuntu@kagou.fr>
Aka/Alias Kagou

Old 09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Guilherme Salgado

Hi Adi,

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 17:58 +0300, Adi Roiban wrote:
> 蝞 data de Lu, 01-09-2008 la 15:48 +0100, Tom Berger a scris:
> > 2008/9/1 (``-_-创) -- Fernando <ubuntu@bugabundo.net>:
> > > When did we get google maps localtions for user profiles?
> >
> > Last week.
>
> Yep!
>
> They are very useful but every time I load a page from launchpad
> containing a map I am notified about an insecure source contained in
> this page. This is very annoying! I'm using epiphamy.

This has been reported already [1] and we'll be fixing it in the near
future.

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/262220

Cheers,

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@canonical.com>

Old 09-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Curtis Hovey

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 17:58 +0300, Adi Roiban wrote:
> 蝞 data de Lu, 01-09-2008 la 15:48 +0100, Tom Berger a scris:
> > 2008/9/1 (``-_-创) -- Fernando <ubuntu@bugabundo.net>:
> > > When did we get google maps localtions for user profiles?
> >
> > Last week.
>
> Yep!
>
> They are very useful but every time I load a page from launchpad
> containing a map I am notified about an insecure source contained in
> this page. This is very annoying! I'm using epiphamy.

Most browsers are reporting this problem. There is already a bug report
about the problem.
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/262220

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/

Old 09-02-2008, 09:28 AM
"Matthew East"

What's the feature that these maps introduce? I have to say that I
find the user pages more difficult on the eye now, and the map uses up
quite a lot of vertical space so I have to scroll down more often to
see information that I'm actually interested in.

It's useful to know a user's location, but we already had that in the
text version: "Continent/City". I don't really see that the map adds
anything. Could it be shown on a drop down basis?

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org