Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Christian Robottom Reis

Default LP location maps

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 05:08:37PM +0200, Mathias Florian Menzer wrote:
> Wouldn't there be the possibility to use a more "open" platfrom such as
> from the Openstreetmap Project?

It's not a bad idea, so perhaps in the future. Right now OSM doesn't
have a lot of map data (my city isn't there, for instance), and it's
significant work to port between them -- let's just enjoy the feature
for a bit :-)
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125

Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 AM
"Christophe Sauthier"

Sure, OSM is not that complete... But switching to OpenLayers will be
a great start, and ease the transition to OSM later...

Christophe

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Christian Robottom Reis
<kiko@canonical.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 05:08:37PM +0200, Mathias Florian Menzer wrote:
>> Wouldn't there be the possibility to use a more "open" platfrom such as
>> from the Openstreetmap Project?
>
> It's not a bad idea, so perhaps in the future. Right now OSM doesn't
> have a lot of map data (my city isn't there, for instance), and it's
> significant work to port between them -- let's just enjoy the feature
> for a bit :-)
> --
> Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125

Ma vie |
Mes recettes | http://www.reponses.net
Mes images |

Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Wolfgang Silbermayr

Christophe Sauthier wrote:
> Sure, OSM is not that complete... But switching to OpenLayers will be
> a great start, and ease the transition to OSM later...

I would enable some kind of switching between the google and the OSM
map, maybe with google map as default. A great side effect would be that
some people find out that OSM even exists and this will make it more
complete.

Wolfgang.