Old 08-02-2008, 12:14 AM
"Joey Stanford"

Default Help Request: Please test code on staging

Hi,

We're trying to diagnose a pesky intermittent problem with Launchpad
and I'd like to enlist your help.

We have some special debugging code running on https://staging.launchpad.net/

It would be a great help if, over the weekend, you could play around
on staging a little so we can collect data. The changes you make on
staging will be reset nightly and in no way will affect production.
Please make a few edits of any kind or try out a feature you wanted to
test. This should hopefully give us enough data to sift through on
Monday to be able to identify the cause of the problem.

Thanks!

Joey

Old 08-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Sarah Hobbs

Hey there,

Looks dead as a doornail to me.

I (and others) get:

"Please try again

Sorry, there was a problem connecting to the Launchpad server.

Try reloading this page in a minute or two. If the problem persists, let
us know in the #launchpad IRC channel on Freenode.

Thanks for your patience."

(there's currently no launchpad people around, nor has their apparently
been in the last few hours)

Hobbsee

Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 PM
"Laudeci Oliveira"

I confirm what Sarah said...
Still having the same message.

We're trying to diagnose a pesky intermittent problem with Launchpad

and I'd like to enlist your help.

We have some special debugging code running on https://staging.launchpad.net/

It would be a great help if, over the weekend, you could play around

on staging a little so we can collect data. The changes you make on

staging will be reset nightly and in no way will affect production.

Please make a few edits of any kind or try out a feature you wanted to

test. *This should hopefully give us enough data to sift through on

Monday to be able to identify the cause of the problem.

Thanks!

Joey

Laudeci Oliveira
Official Ubuntu Member

Red Hat Certified Technician
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Tecnólogo em Sistema de Informação

Old 08-02-2008, 01:01 PM
"Bhavani Shankar R"

"Please try again

Sorry, there was a problem connecting to the Launchpad server.

Try reloading this page in a minute or two. If the problem persists, let us know in the #launchpad IRC channel on Freenode.

Thanks for your patience."

*
*** I too get the same....
--
Bhavani Shankar.R
https://launchpad.net/~bhavi, a proud ubuntu community member.

What matters in life is application of mind!,

It makes great sense to have some common sense..!

Old 08-02-2008, 07:06 PM
"Martin Albisetti"

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Sarah Hobbs <hobbsee@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Looks dead as a doornail to me.

I believe that means we accomplished the goal of triggering the debugger

--
Martin

Old 08-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Sabin Iacob

Martin Albisetti wrote:
> I believe that means we accomplished the goal of triggering the debugger

looks like a reliable crash to me, good luck in sorting it out

Old 08-03-2008, 12:01 AM
"Joey Stanford"

Excellent! This is exactly what I was hoping for. :-) Thanks!

Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
"Joey Stanford"

Hi Folks,

The logs on Staging over the weekend gave us something to fix (a
library issue) and we have. However we think there maybe yet another
performance issue so we would like to collect more data. We've kicked
off a new gdb session. If you have time, please spend a few moments
accessing the staging server and playing around with it.

Thanks for all your help!

Joey

Old 08-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Iain Lane

Joey Stanford wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> The logs on Staging over the weekend gave us something to fix (a
> library issue) and we have. However we think there maybe yet another
> performance issue so we would like to collect more data. We've kicked
> off a new gdb session. If you have time, please spend a few moments
> accessing the staging server and playing around with it.
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> Joey

I think I killed it