Old 08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
"Joey Stanford"

Default Help Request: Please test code on staging

> I think I killed it

Excellent, thanks Iain. That's what I was hoping for (well, I was
hoping for no errors but this is the next best thing). We'll have it
up with gdb again shortly I'm sure for more testing.

Joey

Old 08-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Ricardo Ichizo

Hi Joey,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 09:39:29AM -0600, Joey Stanford wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> The logs on Staging over the weekend gave us something to fix (a
> library issue) and we have. However we think there maybe yet another
> performance issue so we would like to collect more data. We've kicked
> off a new gdb session. If you have time, please spend a few moments
> accessing the staging server and playing around with it.
>
> Thanks for all your help!
>
> Joey
>
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 18:14, Joey Stanford <joey@canonical.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We're trying to diagnose a pesky intermittent problem with Launchpad
> > and I'd like to enlist your help.
> >
> > We have some special debugging code running on https://staging.launchpad.net/
> >
> > It would be a great help if, over the weekend, you could play around
> > on staging a little so we can collect data. The changes you make on
> > staging will be reset nightly and in no way will affect production.
> > Please make a few edits of any kind or try out a feature you wanted to
> > test. This should hopefully give us enough data to sift through on
> > Monday to be able to identify the cause of the problem.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Joey

I'm getting the following message:

-----
Please try again

Sorry, there was a problem connecting to the Launchpad server.

Try reloading this page in a minute or two. If the problem persists, let
us know in the #launchpad IRC channel on Freenode.

Thanks for your patience.
-----

I tried to access at 14h (GMT-3).

_(~)_
)"( [[ n1ghtcr4wler ]]
(@_@) xmpp:richizo@jabber.org

Old 08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
"Aroldo Amorim"

Olá Fernando

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 17:52:47 Joey Stanford wrote:

> Excellent, thanks Iain. That's what I was hoping for (well, I was

> hoping for no errors but this is the next best thing). *We'll have it

> up with gdb again shortly I'm sure for more testing.

> Joey

i jump around it a bit and it seem fine to me right now (8:00-8:30 GMT+1)

It seems a bit faster then EDGE, but some pages just get stuck for a few seconds (maybe 5 to 10 secs).

--

BUGabundo *)

(``-_-´´) * * * http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net

Linux user #443786 * *GPG key 1024D/A1784EBB

Old 08-06-2008, 03:41 PM
"Joey Stanford"

Hi again,

The failure on Staging on Monday was very useful! We committed a fix
and it has increased the stability of staging (and soon the rest of
Launchpad). We've fired up staging again with gdb to see if we can
crash it. Please do your best. If it lasts ok for the next few days
we'll declare victory and return staging to normal.

Thanks again for your help!

Joey