-   -   can't recover my lp password. (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/135747-cant-recover-my-lp-password.html)

Stefan Potyra 08-01-2008 02:32 PM

can't recover my lp password.

Hi,

recently, LP logged me out, and I currently don't have my password at hand.
Hence I was trying to use the recover password feature, which sent me a mail
with a link to a page to reset my password.

If I try to reset the password then, the only thing that happens is that I
land on a page telling me:

"Application error. Unauthenticated user POSTing to page that requires
authentication."

Thanks for your help,
Stefan.

P.S.: No, I haven't reported a bug yet, for obvious reasons :P.

Guilherme Salgado 08-01-2008 04:39 PM

can't recover my lp password.

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 16:32 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> recently, LP logged me out, and I currently don't have my password at hand.
> Hence I was trying to use the recover password feature, which sent me a mail
> with a link to a page to reset my password.
>
> If I try to reset the password then, the only thing that happens is that I
> land on a page telling me:
>
> "Application error. Unauthenticated user POSTing to page that requires
> authentication."

So, IIUC, you received the link in your email, followed it, filled and
submitted the form. Then, when the form was submitted you got the
"Application error" page?

Joey Stanford should contact you directly pretty soon to get your
password reset, but it'd be great if we could figure out what cause the
error you saw so that it doesn't affect other users in the future.

Cheers,

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@canonical.com>

Stefan Potyra 08-03-2008 09:21 AM

can't recover my lp password.

Hi,

On Friday 01 August 2008 18:39:46 Guilherme Salgado wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 16:32 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > recently, LP logged me out, and I currently don't have my password at
> > hand. Hence I was trying to use the recover password feature, which sent
> > me a mail with a link to a page to reset my password.
> >
> > If I try to reset the password then, the only thing that happens is that
> > I land on a page telling me:
> >
> > "Application error. Unauthenticated user POSTing to page that requires
> > authentication."
>
> So, IIUC, you received the link in your email, followed it, filled and
> submitted the form. Then, when the form was submitted you got the
> "Application error" page?

yes, exactly. Maybe I've used the wrong email address to reset the password?
(I used sistpoty@ubuntu.com in both pages).

> Joey Stanford should contact you directly pretty soon to get your
> password reset, but it'd be great if we could figure out what cause the
> error you saw so that it doesn't affect other users in the future.

Thanks a lot,
Stefan.