Old 07-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Julian Edwards

Default "MD5 sum of uploaded file does not match existing file in archive" what needs to be changed?

On Sunday 06 July 2008 00:35:22 Christoph Korn wrote:
> Again it was ejected, but with different error message:
> MD5 sum of uploaded file does not match existing file in archive

The upload processor checks to see if it can find a .orig either already
in your PPA or in Ubuntu. If you try to re-upload the same file, you will
get this error if the md5 sum does not match. i.e. you changed it, this is
bad.

> Package version was: 1:2.4.3-1~ppa1
>
> Why does the upload system recognize that it was me who previously
> uploaded the other package (remember that I had put a wrong lauchpad
> id into ~/.dput.cf)?
>
> Then all of the following version strings failed with the same MD5 error:
> 1:2.4.3-1~ppa2
> 1:2.4.3-2~ppa3
> 2:2.4.3-3~ppa4
>
> At the end I had to change the version of the package itself:
> 1:2.4.3+1-1~ppa
> This has worked finally.
>
> Well, this is not a satisfying solution as you will see.
>
> Has this really to be done or is there a better solution?

Without knowing the PPA and the package name it's hard to provide more help.
However, I would check to see if your .orig changed at that version where
it worked.