-   -   "MD5 sum of uploaded file does not match existing file in archive" what needs to be changed? (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/120951-md5-sum-uploaded-file-does-not-match-existing-file-archive-what-needs-changed.html)

Christoph Korn 07-05-2008 11:35 PM

"MD5 sum of uploaded file does not match existing file in archive" what needs to be changed?

Hello,
I am new to launchpads nice PPA feature.

First I tried to upload a package, but I had set the
wrong launchpad-id in ~/.dput.cf.

So this upload attempt just was ejected with this message:

Could not find person 'xxx'

So I fixed the problem in ~/.dput.cf and uploaded the same package again.

Again it was ejected, but with different error message:
MD5 sum of uploaded file does not match existing file in archive

Package version was: 1:2.4.3-1~ppa1

Why does the upload system recognize that it was me who previously
uploaded the other package (remember that I had put a wrong lauchpad
id into ~/.dput.cf)?

Then all of the following version strings failed with the same MD5 error:
1:2.4.3-1~ppa2
1:2.4.3-2~ppa3
2:2.4.3-3~ppa4

At the end I had to change the version of the package itself:
1:2.4.3+1-1~ppa
This has worked finally.

Well, this is not a satisfying solution as you will see.

Has this really to be done or is there a better solution?