Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Launchpad User (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/)
-   -   Question concerning mail address ... (http://www.linux-archive.org/launchpad-user/117536-question-concerning-mail-address.html)

Siegfried-Angel 07-02-2008 12:44 PM

Question concerning mail address ...
 
Don't do it. It will explode :).


--
Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals (RainCT)
GNU/Linux User #438657. Ubuntu User #11680.

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

Sarah Hobbs 07-03-2008 02:23 AM

Question concerning mail address ...
 
Dirk Deimeke wrote:

What happens if I set dirk.deimeke@ubuntu.com as primary address? Will mail
be forwarded to the secondary address or will launchpad explode? ;-)


Very bad things. From what I've been told, it may work for a while, but
is likely to end up making you lose chunks of your mail.


Hobbsee

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

Dirk Deimeke 07-03-2008 03:24 AM

Question concerning mail address ...
 
Hi,

> Very bad things. From what I've been told, it may work for a while,
> but is likely to end up making you lose chunks of your mail.

I expected that.

Thanks

Dirk

--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

"Jacob Peddicord" 07-03-2008 02:06 PM

Question concerning mail address ...
 
Heh. I've been using it as primary for over a year and haven't had problems. Perhaps I'm losing mail...?

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Sarah Hobbs <hobbsee@ubuntu.com> wrote:

Dirk Deimeke wrote:


What happens if I set dirk.deimeke@ubuntu.com as primary address? Will mail

be forwarded to the secondary address or will launchpad explode? ;-)




Very bad things. *From what I've been told, it may work for a while, but is likely to end up making you lose chunks of your mail.



Hobbsee




--

launchpad-users mailing list

launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users




--
Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net
jpeddicord@ubuntu.com
jacob@fosswire.com
--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users

"Jim Hutchinson" 07-03-2008 06:13 PM

Question concerning mail address ...
 
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Jacob Peddicord <jpeddicord@ubuntu.com> wrote:

Heh. I've been using it as primary for over a year and haven't had problems. Perhaps I'm losing mail...?
It's my primary too and I haven't seen any issues, but then I might not know if I'm loosing mail.


--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----
Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
--
launchpad-users mailing list
launchpad-users@lists.canonical.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/launchpad-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.