Old 06-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Tim Cook

Default Project Startup on Launchpad

Hi All,

I understand that a lot of activity on Launchpad is via volunteers.
However, I am wondering how long it typically takes to get a code import
approved or a translation .pot file approved.

Knowing this will help me plan my project better.

The project is OSHIP.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services

Old 07-03-2008, 12:37 AM
"Martin Pool"

On 6/29/08, Tim Cook <timothywayne.cook@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I understand that a lot of activity on Launchpad is via volunteers.
> However, I am wondering how long it typically takes to get a code import
> approved or a translation .pot file approved.
>
> Knowing this will help me plan my project better.

I think normally code imports come through within a day or two. I
thought that the translation files were approved by the project admin,
which in this case would be you.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>

Old 07-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Michael Hudson

Tim Cook wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I understand that a lot of activity on Launchpad is via volunteers.
> However, I am wondering how long it typically takes to get a code import
> approved or a translation .pot file approved.
>
> Knowing this will help me plan my project better.
>
> The project is OSHIP.

I approved your code import. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
mwh

Old 07-03-2008, 11:15 AM

Hi Tim,

On Sunday at 15:12, Tim Cook wrote:

> I understand that a lot of activity on Launchpad is via volunteers.
> However, I am wondering how long it typically takes to get a code import
> approved or a translation .pot file approved.

For a translation .pot file, it usually takes anywhere between a day
and a week. Pinging us is no harm, though.

> Knowing this will help me plan my project better.

Also note that once a template is approved, your future uploads will
be automatically approved, though it may take a few hours
(auto-approval process is doing a lot of heuristics, so is far from
fast: if it's not auto-approved in one day, feel free to ping us
again)

> The project is OSHIP.

Jeroen likely approved your POT file already: you can send translators
to Launchpad to help translate your application.

Cheers,
Danilo