Old 06-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Sebastian Heinlein

Default BSD licence and upstream uploads

How should I manually import updated po files from upstream after the
licence change? Using a published upload only results in suggestions and
an user upload would re-licencing?

Cheers,

Sebastian

Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Jeroen Vermeulen

Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> How should I manually import updated po files from upstream after the
> licence change? Using a published upload only results in suggestions and
> an user upload would re-licencing?

That's mostly right, with just one difference. A published upload keeps
working exactly as it does now! So strings where you currently use the
published translations will still be updated to their latest published
translations when the file is imported.

As before, for strings where you use different translations than the
published ones, uploading the latest upstream file will only give you
new suggestions.

Jeroen

Old 06-30-2008, 01:19 PM

Yesterday at 19:19, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:

> How should I manually import updated po files from upstream after the
> licence change? Using a published upload only results in suggestions and
> an user upload would re-licencing?

'Published' upload doesn't result only in suggestions: it also
overrides existing translations coming from imports.

What it doesn't do is override already overridden translations, and
they show up as 'changed in Launchpad', and can easily be reverted to
'Packaged' ones if needed.

So, the answer is: you should use 'published', just like you used to.
If you previously uploaded upstream PO files as non-published, you
basically messed the system up.

(Of course, to be fair, I acknowledge that a lot of people are asking
for revert-all-translations-to-packaged per PO file, and that's a
feature we are missing)

Cheers,
Danilo