Old 06-12-2008, 02:34 PM
"Matthew Revell"

Default Launchpad service interruptions: 17th, 18th and 19th June

Hello,

Launchpad service interruptions next week

On June 17th, Launchpad will be unavailable for five hours from 22.00
UTC. Following that, there will be service interruptions on June 18th
and 19th.

Downtime details
-----------------

June 17th 22.00 UTC - 03.00 UTC: all of Launchpad will be offline.

June 18th 22.00 UTC - 00.00 UTC: code browse and pushing and pulling
to code branches hosted on Launchpad
will be unavailable.

June 19th 22.00 UTC - 03.00 UTC: uploading to, building and publishing
in package archives - both distribution
archives and PPAs - will be unavailable.

Why this is happening
----------------------

We're upgrading the servers that host Launchpad to use the latest
version of Ubuntu, 8.04 LTS (also known as Hardy Heron). This will
give us an improved platform on which to develop new Launchpad
services. Specifically, we'll get Python 2.5 and PostgreSQL 8.3, along
with updates to several libraries that Launchpad relies on.

We're sorry for the down-time and service interruptions that these
upgrades will cause.

If you have any questions, please ask on this list.

Please note: we have a new ultra-low traffic list for Launchpad service
announcements. You can sign up here:

Matthew Revell - Launchpad.net - free software collaboration and project hosting