-   -   Console font size. WAS: kernel/init messages at boot times. (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/9708-console-font-size-kernel-init-messages-boot-times.html)

Ulrich Grn 12-01-2007 12:49 AM

Derek Broughton schrieb:
> Ulrich Grn wrote:
>
>> The problem of the blacked tty was caused by a wrong vga=### option.
>> Before Kubuntu, I used as kernel option 'vga=0x31a' (with SuSE). When I
>> use this with Kubuntu, all tty's are black. When I use 'vga=791' (as Kaj
>> suggested) result is black as well. So, now I have to figure out how to
>> use a reasonable console resolution that works. (and how strange that it
>> doesn't work anymore . . .)
>
> Did you try just not using "vga=" at all? It's a workaround, and shouldn't
> be needed for most machines, and one would expect that as the time between
> the release of your computer and the latest kernel increases, it should be
> less and less necessary.

I switched it off, but now the resolution of the text is too low, that is, the
font is too big. There should be a way to have more characters on the screen. I
thought that I have to adjust that with the 'vga=' option . . .

--
Thanks,
Ulrich.

Fred Schaer 12-01-2007 07:08 AM

Console font size. WAS: kernel/init messages at boot times.

Hi,

I read somewhere you can have vga=ask , which should display a list of
usable modes and ask you to choose...
you might also be interested in this post :
http://www.sandaru1.com/2007/11/05/vga-kernel-parameter-in-gutsy/

Regards

Ulrich Grn a crit :