Old 11-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Jeffrey Barish

Default Modifying default behavior on insertion of audio CD

As shipped, Kubuntu wants to do something when I insert an audio CD. I
would like to disable that behavior temporarily and restore it later. I
found two ways to modify the behavior. One is to use Konqueror to open
the /media directory and then to right click on the cdrom directory, select
Properties, click on the wrench, and remove the applications. The other is
to use KDE Control Center, select File Associations under KDE Components,
select directory under inode, and remove the applications. Having done
these things, I no longer get the KDE default panel asking me what
application to run. However, I do still get an X panel asking me what
application to run. I have two question: (1) what do I do now if I want
absolutely no response when I insert an audio CD; (2) how do I restore the
default behavior? I know how to specify an application to run whenever I
insert an audio CD, but how do I get the original query panel asking me
what application to run?
--
Jeffrey Barish