Old 11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Michael Iatrou

Default cups-pdf

When the date was Monday 03 November 2008, Chris wrote:

> On Monday 03 November 2008, Michael Iatrou wrote:
> > When the date was Sunday 02 November 2008, Chris wrote:

> > > They look equally bad. I would attach a file to this email, but I
> > > think lots of list subscribers would not appreciate that.
> >
> > Take a screenshot, save it as png, upload it to imagebin.org and post a
> > link.
> >
> > --
> > Michael Iatrou (mrlj)
>
> ok. The first image is a fragment of a payment form from Ebay, the text
> is unreadable
>
> http://imagebin.org/30257
>
> the second image
>
> http://imagebin.org/30259
>
> is a printout of the website
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/
>
> the text is also mangled in this image,
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me. It used to work fine. I am running
> an up to date Lanny system.

Interesting, can you also show us the list of fonts it is using?
(File->Properties->Fonts) Anything peculiar with your Iceweasel/system
fonts settings?

--
Michael Iatrou (halu)

Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Celejar

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:00:47 +0100
Chris <list.hurschler@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Monday 03 November 2008, Michael Iatrou wrote:
> > When the date was Sunday 02 November 2008, Chris wrote:

> > > They look equally bad. I would attach a file to this email, but I think
> > > lots of list subscribers would not appreciate that.
> >
> > Take a screenshot, save it as png, upload it to imagebin.org and post a
> > link.
> >
> > --
> > Michael Iatrou (mrlj)
>
> ok. The first image is a fragment of a payment form from Ebay, the text is
> unreadable
>
> http://imagebin.org/30257
>
> the second image
>
> http://imagebin.org/30259
>
> is a printout of the website
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/
>
> the text is also mangled in this image,
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me. It used to work fine. I am running an
> up to date Lanny system.
>
> Chris

I had a very similar problem recently, which Florian helped me to solve
(with great patience and graciousness). The thread begins here:

I believe that the steps that solved the problem for me were installing
ttf-liberation (and then restarting X), and disabling bitmaps in
fontconfig-config.

> C. Hurschler

Celejar

Old 11-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Chris

On Monday 03 November 2008, Celejar wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:00:47 +0100
>
> Chris <list.hurschler@gmx.de> wrote:

> > > Take a screenshot, save it as png, upload it to imagebin.org and post a
> > > link.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Michael Iatrou (mrlj)
> >
> > ok. The first image is a fragment of a payment form from Ebay, the text
> > is unreadable
> >
> > http://imagebin.org/30257
> >
> > the second image
> >
> > http://imagebin.org/30259
> >
> > is a printout of the website
> >
> > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/
> >
> > the text is also mangled in this image,
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give me. It used to work fine. I am running
> > an up to date Lanny system.
> >
> > Chris
>
> I had a very similar problem recently, which Florian helped me to solve
> (with great patience and graciousness). The thread begins here:

> I believe that the steps that solved the problem for me were installing
> ttf-liberation (and then restarting X), and disabling bitmaps in
> fontconfig-config.
>
> > C. Hurschler
>
> Celejar
> --
> mailmin.sourceforge.net - remote access via secure (OpenPGP) email
> ssuds.sourceforge.net - A Simple Sudoku Solver and Generator

Thanks!

Somewhere in the tread it was suggestd to intall: "msttcorefonts,
gsfonts-x11, and ttf-bitstream-vera"

After installing msttcorefonts the the problem seems solved on my system. The
Fonts listed by pdffonts changed from:

name type emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
EPPOJK+f-0-0 TrueType yes yes no 10 0
EPPOPF+f-1-0 TrueType yes yes no 11 0
FAACML+f-7-0 TrueType yes yes no 28 0
[none] Type 3 yes no yes 18 0
[none] Type 3 yes no yes 19 0
[none] Type 3 yes no yes 20 0
[none] Type 3 yes no yes 24 0
[none] Type 3 yes no yes 26 0

to:

name type emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
WFRXYX+f-2-0 TrueType yes yes yes 13 0
UFQSLH+f-5-0 TrueType yes yes yes 46 0
ITPEVV+f-6-0 TrueType yes yes yes 49 0
HSAEUE+f-4-0 TrueType yes yes yes 43 0
VKJNGT+f-1-0 TrueType yes yes yes 11 0
YNAHAD+f-0-0 TrueType yes yes yes 8 0
[none] Type 3 yes no yes 16 0

and the file looks fine. I also installed ttf-bitstream-vera to be safe. On
my system ttf-liberation was already installed.

I have not made any changes to my system since installing it from the Lenny
netinstall iso about two and a half months ago.

Chris

--
C. Hurschler

Old 11-04-2008, 07:06 PM

surely you jest!
Larry

Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Ron Johnson

Don't most ISPs give each customer a "personal web page" with a
small quota of disk space?

surely you jest!

On the contrary. Is cox.net that unusual, or is it's Person Web
Space a relic of times past?

Old 11-04-2008, 09:33 PM

Out "west" here one must pay extra to the ISP for that priviledge
Larry

Old 11-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Ron Johnson

Don't most ISPs give each customer a "personal web page" with a
small quota of disk space?

surely you jest!
On the contrary. Is cox.net that unusual, or is it's Person Web
Space a relic of times past?

Out "west" here one must pay extra to the ISP for that priviledge

Cox is national...

Old 11-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Celejar

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:15:54 +0100
Chris <list.hurschler@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Monday 03 November 2008, Celejar wrote:

> > I had a very similar problem recently, which Florian helped me to solve
> > (with great patience and graciousness). The thread begins here:

> Thanks!

You're welcome! That's the nice thing about Debian and this list;
Florian invested time and patience to work through the problem with me,
and I'm sure he'll be glad that his work has now been leveraged to help
another with a similar problem.

Celejar

Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
"Martin, Larry D"

I have Cups *and Cups-pdf installed on an x86 Squeeze.* It was working and now all I get is a request id or job number.* How do I get this going again?
*
Thanks,** ….Larry
*
Larry D. Martin
Mainframe Systems Support
Office of Information Technology and Communications
301.883.7335

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Prince George’s County Government or Prince George's County 7th Judicial Circuit Court proprietary information or Protected Health Information, which is privileged and confidential. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited by federal law and may expose you to civil and/or criminal penalties. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Camalen

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:24:45 -0500, Martin, Larry D wrote:

(please, disable html message formatting, it's barely unreadable and very
annoying to remove)

> I have Cups and Cups-pdf installed on an x86 Squeeze. It was working
> and now all I get is a request id or job number. How do I get this
> going again?

What's the CUPS log? Can you see any message or error from CUPS's web
interface (http://localhost:631/printers)?

Output PDF files are stored under your user "~/PDF" folder.

Greetings,

--
Camalen