-   -   Newbie: kernel/init messages at boot times ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/8678-newbie-kernel-init-messages-boot-times.html)

Ulrich Grn 11-29-2007 08:51 PM

Newbie: kernel/init messages at boot times ?

Dear list,

I'm used to SuSE and Debian for quite a long time. With that distributions, when
I start (and power off) the computer, I get the kernel and init messages on
tty1. With (K)Ubuntu (7.10), this feature has been disabled. I already changed
the kernel options in 'menu.lst' and removed the 'silent' option (which resulted
in a little information, but not exactly what I'm looking for)

Furthermore, when I press <alt>F2 (and others) during boot time and return to
tty1, that screen has become black. All the other tty's are black as well and I
cannot log in into bash of one of the tty's.

Has anybody figured out how to solve this? It would be ideal if the messaging
was like Debian/SuSE.

Thanks,
Ulrich.

WU WEI
The Sage is occupied with the unspoken, and acts without effort.
Teaching without verbosity, producing without possessing,
creating without regard to result, claiming nothing,
the Sage has nothing to lose. [Tao Te Ching, by Priya Hemenway]