Old 05-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Rob Wright

Default Hardy Upgrade Killed vmware server

Greetings,

3 days ago I upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy, and now my VMWare is dead.
Initially after the upgrade VMWare wouldn't start, so I just scrapped what I
had and went ahead and updated to the most recent version of VMWare. That
installed, after doing some patching and such I found on the web, but the
networking didn't work.

I confess that I don't even know where to go next. I've uninstalled VMWare
again and now when trying to install it I get an unsolvable string of compile
errors referencing non-existent kernel modules or they're the wrong version.

What is the best way for me to start all over with this, and will it even work
if I do?

Thanks,

Rob
debianrob@poncacity.net

Old 05-09-2008, 02:52 PM
"Eugene Tretyak"

Follow this instrucations: http://howtoforge.com/vmware-server-on-ubuntu8.04

Old 05-09-2008, 03:03 PM
"Willy Hamra"

does this affect vmware workstation too? or only the server? i was considering getting vmware ws 6, will it do any problems on kubuntu hardy?