Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Jesus Roncero

Default weird keyboard shortcuts

Hi guys,

I've just installed a ubuntu 7.10 system and then installed the
kubuntu-desktop package to get all the stuff from kubuntu. Everything
runs fine, but I've found that it has some weirds keyboard shortcuts.

For examples, pressing the windows key, launches kmail, and pressing
the caps locks, launches the "find files" program. I've having a look
at the control panel, but I am failing to see where this is configured.
Anyone having the same problem?

Thanks.
--
Jesús Roncero

Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Donn

> For examples, pressing the windows key, launches kmail, and pressing
> the caps locks, launches the "find files" program. I've having a look
> at the control panel, but I am failing to see where this is configured.
> Anyone having the same problem?
Very strange.
Try right-click the K menu and go to the menu editor. Look around at the apps
that are launching and see what their shortcut keys are. You can also fish
around in the control panel.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Tro

On Thursday 29 November 2007, Jesus Roncero wrote:
> I've just installed a ubuntu 7.10 system and then installed the
> kubuntu-desktop package to get all the stuff from kubuntu. Everything
> runs fine, but I've found that it has some weirds keyboard shortcuts.
>
> For examples, pressing the windows key, launches kmail, and pressing
> the caps locks, launches the "find files" program. I've having a look
> at the control panel, but I am failing to see where this is configured.
> Anyone having the same problem?

Besides what Donn said, also see which keyboard layout you're using. Maybe
that's affecting it.

Tro

Old 11-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Jesus Roncero

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:50:52 -0500
Tro <troworld@gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides what Donn said, also see which keyboard layout you're using.
> Maybe that's affecting it.

Well, I've just found out that it is my keyboard misbehaving. Today I
got my hands on an old keyboard and tried it and everything seems to
work fine, so I blame my keyboard for being this way. When I get more
time I'll try to discover why it is that way (maybe it is simply
broken). Sorry for bringing up this red herring.

Thanks anyway :-)

--
Jesús Roncero