Old 05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Luca

Default Go back to KDE3

Hi all.

I installed KDE4 some days ago and tryed it for some days. This will
be a great! But for now I find it a little unstable...

I don't wanna uninstall it, but only go back to KD3 as default session type.

During installation a character based interface asked me what KDE use
as default. I choosen KDE4 but now I don't know how to lauch again it
to change my choice!

Can you help?

--
-- luca

Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Nils Kassube

Luca wrote:
> During installation a character based interface asked me what KDE use
> as default. I choosen KDE4 but now I don't know how to lauch again it
> to change my choice!

You can change the session type in the menu of the login screen. And you
should install KDE3 first, i.e. package kubuntu-desktop.

Nils

Old 05-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Luca

Mmmmhhh... ok, I posted an incomplete infos.

I've KDE3 and 4 installed and I know how to change session type on
login, but I wanna restore KDE3 as default. Now I must remember every
time to switch session type, then login.

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:
> Luca wrote:
> > During installation a character based interface asked me what KDE use
> > as default. I choosen KDE4 but now I don't know how to lauch again it
> > to change my choice!
>
> You can change the session type in the menu of the login screen. And you
> should install KDE3 first, i.e. package kubuntu-desktop.
>

> Nils

-- luca

Old 05-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Scott

Luca wrote:
> I've KDE3 and 4 installed and I know how to change session type on
> login, but I wanna restore KDE3 as default. Now I must remember every
> time to switch session type, then login.
I have not switched my desktop in a while, but when I last had multiple
desktops there was a selection on the login screen to make your current
selection the default. Just take a look around on the login screen.
I'm sorry I can't remember exactly where, if I remember this the next
time I login I will check.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04

Old 05-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Luca

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Scott <slewin@bmts.com> wrote:
> I have not switched my desktop in a while, but when I last had multiple
> desktops there was a selection on the login screen to make your current
> selection the default. Just take a look around on the login screen.

I'm still on this trouble! In my login screen I can found only a
session mený with:

* KDE previous (KDE3)
* DKE
* Failsafe

I'm pretty sure that (when I was using pure debian) I used a commnd
line tool. But I can't remember and I'm not able to google for this.

--
-- luca