Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 AM
Mike Leone

Default Samba - leave samba domain and join AD?

So I have Samba running as PDC, and I have my Kubuntu laptop joined to
it. Now I've installed a Win2003 AD domain at home. And I seem to be
having trouble leaving the SAMBA domain, and joining the AD domain. This
laptop is the last member of that SAMBA domain.

I can probably just nuke the smb.conf on the laptop, but thought I'd try
doing it the "right" way (by leaving the one domain, and joining the
other. But I can't seem to find docs or howtos on how to leave a domain,
or what I need for joining a Win2003 AD.

samba 3.0.26a

Any pointers appreciated.