Old 04-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Billie Walsh

Default Editing files in /etc

Jim wrote:
> I have tried to edit /etc/default/bluetooth and I did a "sudo konqueror"
> , "sudo vi" , and it says I don't have write privileges
> I also tried to login as "root" and it tells me "failed" and I know
> password is correct.
> If I had to change SU password how would I do it in Kubuntu?
>
> Jim

Why do it that way?

Open Dolphin
Click "Root"
Click "View">"Show Hidden Files"
Navigate to /etc/default/
Hover over file
"Edit As Root" in right hand pane.
Enter password
Edit file
save
DONE

A backup of your original file will be created automatically.

Kate is a MUCH nicer text editor than vi.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Pete

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh@swbell.net> wrote:

s/Kate/emacs is a MUCH nicer text editor than vi.
Fixed that for you

-p.