Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Valter Mura

Default Strange problem with D3lphin

If I mouse over a html file Dolphin returns to me this error:

*****
Il file delle voci del desktop
/usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop
ha una voce di menu non valida
addAsPodcast.
*****

Anybody could help?

TIA
--
Valter
Gnupgp ID: 0xD7274715 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com

Old 04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Blue Rose

I have got that error on random occasions too ( in english)
No clue where it comes from... it happened in folders without html files
too, I think..
sorry, I have no clue where it comes from.. anyone else perhaps?

Old 04-29-2008, 07:06 PM
claydoh

On Tue April 29 2008 2:49:11 pm Valter Mura wrote:
> /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop
Looks like a bad service menu entry

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dolphin/+bug/204741
basically you can delete the file mentioned in the error message, or fix it in
the method described in the bug report

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 AM
"Willy Hamra"

i've always removed dolphin first thing when installing gutsy, but i havent decided what to do with hardy once i finish the download (crappy connection), is dolphin better than konqi? i like konqueror very much, but if dolphin is being made sort of the official file manager for kubuntu, there's gotta be a reason for that, is advisable to keep dolphin or stick to konqi?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 AM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/4/30 Willy Hamra <w.hamra1987@gmail.com>:
> i've always removed dolphin first thing when installing gutsy, but i havent
> decided what to do with hardy once i finish the download (crappy
> connection), is dolphin better than konqi? i like konqueror very much, but
> if dolphin is being made sort of the official file manager for kubuntu,
> there's gotta be a reason for that, is advisable to keep dolphin or stick to
> konqi?

Hi

The Dolphin version (0.9.2) in Gutsy is the same in Hardy . I don't remove
Dolphin but make Konqueror the default instead.

/ Jonas

Old 04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Valter Mura

Il mercoledž 30 aprile 2008 12:08:00 Jonas Norlander ha scritto:
> 2008/4/30 Willy Hamra <w.hamra1987@gmail.com>:
> > i've always removed dolphin first thing when installing gutsy, but i
> > havent decided what to do with hardy once i finish the download (crappy
> > connection), is dolphin better than konqi? i like konqueror very much,
> > but if dolphin is being made sort of the official file manager for
> > kubuntu, there's gotta be a reason for that, is advisable to keep dolphin
> > or stick to konqi?
>
> Hi
>
> The Dolphin version (0.9.2) in Gutsy is the same in Hardy . I don't remove
> Dolphin but make Konqueror the default instead.

Hi All!!!

This is a victory against my sillness!

I followed the thread suggested by claydoh (thank you, thank you very much!)

(https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dolphin/+bug/204741)

and I modified the
file /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop with
the strings contained
in /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/amarok_addaspodcast.desktop

- first 3 strings

and, very important, I add the string
"Exec=dcop amarok playlistbrowser addPodcast %u"
between the strings

"Icon=amarok"
and
"X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=desktop_extragear-multimedia_amarok"

Now Dolphin works correctly and I'm happy again... ;-)