Old 04-29-2008, 12:30 PM
"p.daniels"

Default Gnome forcing it's startup settings on KDE4

New 8.04 install on my laptop, some problems running Gnome concurrent with
KDE4.

1. I expected the menus to be a mess (see the thread Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu with
KDE, if I'm remembering the title correctly), but when I edit the menu in
Gnome (with Gnome's hideously ineffective menu editor) it also mucks with the
KDE menu.
2. Gnome's startup programs are "infecting" KDE, but not vice versa. So for
instance, all my Screenlets are trying to start in KDE, and Tilda is trying
to start at the same time as Yakuake (with both mapped to the Pause key).
Chaos ensues.

Does anyone know a workaround for these issues? Should I expect the same
behavior if I install XFCE or KDE3?

best-
p.