Old 04-29-2008, 03:56 AM
"Geoffrey Bays"

Default cd rom not working properly in Hardy--can't play audio cd

I upgraded from Gutsy, and got the sound working on my onboard audio,
but neither Amarok nor kaffeine will recognize and play an audio cd.
With difficulty I can get kaffeine to open one .wav track, but even
that is iffy. this worked fine in gutsy.

I do not know where to start with this one.
AMD X2 64-bit with 64-bit Kubuntu hardy.

thanks,

geoff bays

Old 04-29-2008, 03:44 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/4/29 Geoffrey Bays <charioteer7@gmail.com>:
> I upgraded from Gutsy, and got the sound working on my onboard audio,
> but neither Amarok nor kaffeine will recognize and play an audio cd.
> With difficulty I can get kaffeine to open one .wav track, but even
> that is iffy. this worked fine in gutsy.
>
> I do not know where to start with this one.
> AMD X2 64-bit with 64-bit Kubuntu hardy.
>
> thanks,
>
> geoff bays

Hi
If it is that they could not found your CD-drive Look at the thread
"Upgrade to Hardy on Athlon 64 dual core", could be same problem i had.
In short it's about the new kernel in Hardy moves your PATA drives from
/dev/hdXY to /dev/scdX.

/ Jonas