Old 04-29-2008, 01:00 AM
"Jayson Rowe"

Default KDE3+KDE4=Menu Mess

Hi all - I've installed Kubuntu 8.04, and I used the KDE3 CD and then installed KDE4 as I wanted to have KDE 3 handy "just in case".

This combination has made for VERY messy menus - does anyone know of a way to hide the duplicate KDE 3 apps without affecting the KDE 3 menus? I've googled everything I can think to google and I've come up completely dry.

Thanks in advance!
--
-jayson

Old 04-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Cary Bielenberg

Jayson,
I have created a KDE3 folder in the KDE4 menu list & moved
all of the KDE3 apps that are duplicated into there. I find it handy to
keep the KDE3 apps because some/most of the KDE4 apps are not very
feature rich yet (diplomatic way of saying they suck).

Cary

Old 04-29-2008, 01:32 AM
"Jayson Rowe"

Jayson Rowe wrote:

> Hi all - I've installed Kubuntu 8.04, and I used the KDE3 CD and then

> installed KDE4 as I wanted to have KDE 3 handy "just in case".

> This combination has made for VERY messy menus - does anyone know of a

> way to hide the duplicate KDE 3 apps without affecting the KDE 3

> menus? I've googled everything I can think to google and I've come up

> completely dry.

> Thanks in advance!

> --

> -jayson

Thanks Cary,
That sounds perfect!
Funny thing is, I was thinking so far into it and making it more complicated than it needed to me :-)

--
-jayson