Old 04-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Michael

Default Kubuntu and Adobe site

Blue Rose wrote:
> Well I just clicked it, and konqueror crashed and closed.. guess that's
> what you meant?
> in firefox the link works though
>

> Ralph Alvy wrote:
>
>> Anyone able to click on the "Different language or operating system" link on
>> this page, using Konqueor:
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
>>
>> I'm running Kubuntu 8.04

Does the same thing in Fiesty. Strange timing - I just read a nasty
rant on some website about how bad Adobe is. I guess this issue proves
his/her point.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:20 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Michael wrote:
> Blue Rose wrote:
>> Well I just clicked it, and konqueror crashed and closed.. guess that's
>> what you meant?
>> in firefox the link works though
>>

>> Ralph Alvy wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone able to click on the "Different language or operating system" link on
>>> this page, using Konqueor:
>>>
>>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
>>>
>>> I'm running Kubuntu 8.04
>>>

> Does the same thing in Fiesty. Strange timing - I just read a nasty
> rant on some website about how bad Adobe is. I guess this issue proves
> his/her point.

Works just fine in my Gutsy konqueror as well as Firefox. Slow and loads
of images but works.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:22 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Michael wrote:
> Blue Rose wrote:
>> Well I just clicked it, and konqueror crashed and closed.. guess that's
>> what you meant?
>> in firefox the link works though
>>

>> Ralph Alvy wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone able to click on the "Different language or operating system" link on
>>> this page, using Konqueor:
>>>
>>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
>>>
>>> I'm running Kubuntu 8.04
>>>

> Does the same thing in Fiesty. Strange timing - I just read a nasty
> rant on some website about how bad Adobe is. I guess this issue proves
> his/her point.

Have to backtrack on my earlier mail - once I clicked on the "other
languages..." link Konqi crashed.... so problem ranges from Feisty to
Hardy apparently

Old 04-28-2008, 08:27 AM
"Willy Hamra"

konqi is a bit bad with html, it always crash on the ACID3 test on gutsy

Old 04-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Michael Leone

Willy Hamra wrote:
> konqi is a bit bad with html, it always crash on the ACID3 test on gutsy

I've always thought Konqueror is not really a good web browser. Oh, it
works, but I always seem to run into websites where it doesn't work, or
doesn't work without extra effort - effort that I don't need to do, with
Firefox.

Heckuva filesystem browser/manager, tho.

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:22 AM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair@gmail.com
> <mailto.sinclair@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Michael wrote:
> > Blue Rose wrote:
> >> Well I just clicked it, and konqueror crashed and closed.. guess
> that's
> >> what you meant?
> >> in firefox the link works though

> system" link on

> > Does the same thing in Fiesty. Strange timing - I just read a nasty
> > rant on some website about how bad Adobe is. I guess this issue
> proves
> > his/her point.
> >

> Have to backtrack on my earlier mail - once I clicked on the "other
> languages..." link Konqi crashed.... so problem ranges from Feisty to
> Hardy apparently

Michael J. Leone Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>