Old 04-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Michael Leone

Default Ever done this...

Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> I just spent six hours Googling, searching forums, scanning email archives,
> and messing around with my video drivers trying to figure out why my video
> playback, no matter what player and engine I used, was so jumpy.
>
> The problem? Turns out the video I was using as my test playback video was
> garbled. Every other video on my system was fine.
>
> *facepalm*
>
> Ever had a day like that?

The better question .. ever had a day *not* like that? <G>

--
Michael J. Leone Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

Old 04-27-2008, 01:10 PM
David McGlone

On Saturday 26 April 2008 9:35:06 pm Michael Leone wrote:
> Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> > I just spent six hours Googling, searching forums, scanning email
> > archives, and messing around with my video drivers trying to figure out
> > why my video playback, no matter what player and engine I used, was so
> > jumpy.
> >
> > The problem? Turns out the video I was using as my test playback video
> > was garbled. Every other video on my system was fine.
> >
> > *facepalm*
> >
> > Ever had a day like that?
>
> The better question .. ever had a day *not* like that? <G>

LOL that is a low blow.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Knapp

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM, David McGlone <d.mcglone@att.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008 9:35:06 pm Michael Leone wrote:
> > Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> > > I just spent six hours Googling, searching forums, scanning email
> > > archives, and messing around with my video drivers trying to figure out
> > > why my video playback, no matter what player and engine I used, was so
> > > jumpy.
> > >
> > > The problem? Turns out the video I was using as my test playback video
> > > was garbled. Every other video on my system was fine.
> > >
> > > *facepalm*
> > >
> > > Ever had a day like that?
> >
> > The better question .. ever had a day *not* like that? <G>
>
> LOL that is a low blow.

Just yesterday I got and a very upset SMS from my wife that all the
baby videos on the computer where destroyed and had nothing but
colored lines left on them. I wrote back, no problem.

Thing is that if I use Blender 3d then all the video player stop
working. I have no idea why. A restart of the KDE fixes the problem.
If anyone knows why this bug is happening and how to fix it, I would
love to know. K 7:10, 64 bit, nvidia driver.
--
Douglas E Knapp