Old 04-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Jesus Arocho

Default Upgrade from release candidate to final version

I updated from 7 to hardy release candidate to test the new version. I now
want to move from the RC to the final. The update manager does not have the
upgrade icon and when I run update-manager -d the response is that the system
is already up to date. The repositories used are hardy-proposed. Must I
edit the repository list manually?

Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 PM
TeraDyne Ezeri

On Saturday 26 April 2008 16:25:05 Jesus Arocho wrote:
> I updated from 7 to hardy release candidate to test the new version. I now
> want to move from the RC to the final. The update manager does not have
> the upgrade icon and when I run update-manager -d the response is that the
> system is already up to date. The repositories used are hardy-proposed.
> Must I edit the repository list manually?

If you've been keeping up with the main updates in adept-updater, you're using
the final. You don't have to run update manager to go from Hardy RC to Hardy
final. At least, I didn't have to. My laptop has the same version apps as the
final, and I installed it form the RC.

--
-Shawn "TeraDyne" Stilwell
http://bonesolteradyne.livejournal.com/