Old 04-26-2008, 06:40 PM
"Anthony E. Caudel"

Default Question re Adept installer

I'm curious why adept installer (the gui) doesn't show all my installed
packages?

Tony

--
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
TeraDyne Ezeri

On Saturday 26 April 2008 13:40:39 Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
> I'm curious why adept installer (the gui) doesn't show all my installed
> packages?
>
> Tony

> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

It seems they've removed some of the KDE3 apps and replaced them with KDE4
equivalents in that menu (like Gwenview and Kopete), if that's what you're
taking about. I was confused when I saw that, and had to double-check the
entries in my KMenu just to make sure the were there.

--
-Shawn "TeraDyne" Stilwell
http://bonesolteradyne.livejournal.com/

Old 04-26-2008, 07:23 PM
"Anthony E. Caudel"

TeraDyne Ezeri wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008 13:40:39 Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
>
>> I'm curious why adept installer (the gui) doesn't show all my installed
>> packages?
>>
>> Tony
>>
>> --
>> Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
>> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -- Benjamin Franklin
>>

> It seems they've removed some of the KDE3 apps and replaced them with KDE4
> equivalents in that menu (like Gwenview and Kopete), if that's what you're
> taking about. I was confused when I saw that, and had to double-check the
> entries in my KMenu just to make sure the were there.

I think it's more than that. I have lvm2 installed and thats not
related to KDE and it doesn't show up.