Old 04-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Paul Kaplan

Default printers in hardy

Under gutsy there was a listing for my HP DJ5650 printer in the list of HP
printers when configuring printing. Under hardy, the 5650 isn't listed; the
nearest matches being 5550 and 560C.

Is this an error omission or of comission. Which should I use or how do I get
5650 support?
Paul

Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Nigel Ridley

Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Under gutsy there was a listing for my HP DJ5650 printer in the list of HP
> printers when configuring printing. Under hardy, the 5650 isn't listed; the
> nearest matches being 5550 and 560C.
>
> Is this an error omission or of comission. Which should I use or how do I get
> 5650 support?
> Paul

Have you checked to see if you have _all_ the gutenprint stuff installed? It could be that
the one package that contains the drivers for your 5650 is not installed.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries