FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-26-2008, 03:49 AM
TeraDyne Ezeri
 
Default Cannot log out?

On Friday 25 April 2008 22:24:48 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In a new Kubuntu 8.04 install, I cannot log out of the user. When I
> select Log Out from the shutdown menu, the screen blanks and does not
> return to the KDM screen. I have let it sit for one hour on one
> attempt. How can I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in
> advance.

I'm also having this problem. I didn't see anything in the xorg logs that
would even give a hint as to what's causing it. Don't ask me why, but I think
it might be a KDM issue.

I'm considering going back to Gutsy, but I want to see if this is fixable
first.

--
*-Shawn "TeraDyne" Stilwell
http://bonesolteradyne.livejournal.com/

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Nigel Ridley
 
Default Cannot log out?

TeraDyne Ezeri wrote:
> On Friday 25 April 2008 22:24:48 Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> In a new Kubuntu 8.04 install, I cannot log out of the user. When I
>> select Log Out from the shutdown menu, the screen blanks and does not
>> return to the KDM screen. I have let it sit for one hour on one
>> attempt. How can I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in
>> advance.
>
> I'm also having this problem. I didn't see anything in the xorg logs that
> would even give a hint as to what's causing it. Don't ask me why, but I think
> it might be a KDM issue.
>
> I'm considering going back to Gutsy, but I want to see if this is fixable
> first.
>

I've been using Hardy since Alpha5 and have never experienced this problem - perhaps it
has something to do with particular graphics cards? Mine is a built-in Intel (Dell
Inspiron 1525n).

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries
http://www.oliveroot.net/

PrayingForIsrael.net
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 04-26-2008, 08:18 AM
Bruno Costacurta
 
Default Cannot log out?

On Saturday 26 April 2008 05:49:17 TeraDyne Ezeri wrote:
> On Friday 25 April 2008 22:24:48 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > In a new Kubuntu 8.04 install, I cannot log out of the user. When I
> > select Log Out from the shutdown menu, the screen blanks and does not
> > return to the KDM screen. I have let it sit for one hour on one
> > attempt. How can I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in
> > advance.
>
> I'm also having this problem. I didn't see anything in the xorg logs that
> would even give a hint as to what's causing it. Don't ask me why, but I
> think it might be a KDM issue.
>
> I'm considering going back to Gutsy, but I want to see if this is fixable
> first.
>
> --
> *-Shawn "TeraDyne" Stilwell
> http://bonesolteradyne.livejournal.com/

Same problem here as I installed Kubuntu 8.04...
I have to press ctrl-alt-backspace or ctrl-al-del to proceed the log-out or
shutdown.

Bye,
Bruno

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 04-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Bruno Costacurta
 
Default Cannot log out?

On Saturday 26 April 2008 10:18:44 Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008 05:49:17 TeraDyne Ezeri wrote:
> > On Friday 25 April 2008 22:24:48 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > In a new Kubuntu 8.04 install, I cannot log out of the user. When I
> > > select Log Out from the shutdown menu, the screen blanks and does not
> > > return to the KDM screen. I have let it sit for one hour on one
> > > attempt. How can I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in
> > > advance.
> >
> > I'm also having this problem. I didn't see anything in the xorg logs that
> > would even give a hint as to what's causing it. Don't ask me why, but I
> > think it might be a KDM issue.
> >
> > I'm considering going back to Gutsy, but I want to see if this is fixable
> > first.
> >
> > --
> > *-Shawn "TeraDyne" Stilwell
> > http://bonesolteradyne.livejournal.com/
>
> Same problem here as I installed Kubuntu 8.04...
> I have to press ctrl-alt-backspace or ctrl-al-del to proceed the log-out or
> shutdown.
>
> Bye,
> Bruno


It seems to be linked with the kernel because I have this problem only with
2.6.24-16
because with previous version 2.6.22-14 log-out / shutdown works very fine.

Bye,
Bruno

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 04-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Scott
 
Default Cannot log out?

Bruno Costacurta wrote:
>>>> In a new Kubuntu 8.04 install, I cannot log out of the user. When I
>>>> select Log Out from the shutdown menu, the screen blanks and does not
>>>> return to the KDM screen. I have let it sit for one hour on one
>>>> attempt. How can I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in
>>>> advance.
>>> I'm also having this problem. I didn't see anything in the xorg logs that
>>> would even give a hint as to what's causing it. Don't ask me why, but I
>>> think it might be a KDM issue.
>
> It seems to be linked with the kernel because I have this problem only with
> 2.6.24-16
> because with previous version 2.6.22-14 log-out / shutdown works very fine.

I'm having the same problem at shutdown, have not tried to log out yet.
I'm using a Inspiron 1501 myself with an ATI Xpress 1100.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
TeraDyne Ezeri
 
Default Cannot log out?

On Saturday 26 April 2008 03:43:56 Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> It seems to be linked with the kernel because I have this problem only with
> 2.6.24-16
> because with previous version 2.6.22-14 log-out / shutdown works very fine.
>
> Bye,
> Bruno

No, because I'm using the 2.6.22-14 kernel, and it still happens. The latest
2.6.24 kernel won't even run on my system. It just dumps me to busybox and
give me an ata error message about "[DRDY]".

That's why I think it's KDM.

--
-Shawn "TeraDyne" Stilwell
http://bonesolteradyne.livejournal.com/

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 04-27-2008, 01:35 PM
"Myriam Schweingruber"
 
Default Cannot log out?

Hi all
On 26/04/2008, TeraDyne Ezeri <dualteradyne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2008 03:43:56 Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> > It seems to be linked with the kernel because I have this problem only with
> > 2.6.24-16
> > because with previous version 2.6.22-14 log-out / shutdown works very fine.
> >
> > Bye,
> > Bruno
>
>
> No, because I'm using the 2.6.22-14 kernel, and it still happens. The latest
> 2.6.24 kernel won't even run on my system. It just dumps me to busybox and
> give me an ata error message about "[DRDY]".
>
> That's why I think it's KDM.

Please submit a bug in bugs.launchpad.net, this seems to be a serious
issue and tons of mails with "me too" will not solve the problem,
instead submitting a bug and confirming it by all the "me too" answers
will more likely bring concrete help.

Greets

Myriam
--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org
Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 04-27-2008, 04:27 PM
"Girard Henri"
 
Default Cannot log out?

with gdm it works
i submitted this bug but already many did it too
gnome doesn't work... bespin crashes systemsettings
lot of problems

----- Original Message -----
From: "Myriam Schweingruber" <schweingruber@pharma-traduction.ch>
To: "Kubuntu Help and User Discussions" <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: Cannot log out?


> Hi all
> On 26/04/2008, TeraDyne Ezeri <dualteradyne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday 26 April 2008 03:43:56 Bruno Costacurta wrote:
>> > It seems to be linked with the kernel because I have this problem only
>> with
>> > 2.6.24-16
>> > because with previous version 2.6.22-14 log-out / shutdown works very
>> fine.
>> >
>> > Bye,
>> > Bruno
>>
>>
>> No, because I'm using the 2.6.22-14 kernel, and it still happens. The
>> latest
>> 2.6.24 kernel won't even run on my system. It just dumps me to busybox
>> and
>> give me an ata error message about "[DRDY]".
>>
>> That's why I think it's KDM.
>
> Please submit a bug in bugs.launchpad.net, this seems to be a serious
> issue and tons of mails with "me too" will not solve the problem,
> instead submitting a bug and confirming it by all the "me too" answers
> will more likely bring concrete help.
>
> Greets
>
> Myriam
> --
> Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
> http://www.fsfe.org
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)
>
> --
> kubuntu-users mailing list
> kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
>
>



--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org