Old 04-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Paul Lemmons

Default Autofocus on window hover.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Autofocus on window hover.
From: Luca <lucafbb@gmail.com>
To: "Kubuntu Help and User Discussions" <kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: 04/25/2008 11:07 AM

> Hi all.
>
>>From some month I enabled a sort of autofocus feature in my kubuntu
> 7.10. Every time that the mouse move on a window, this window take
> focus. I really don't know how this is possible! I remember only that
> I was playing with compiz effects, but removing/disabling all change
> nothing.
>
> Today I upgraded to 8.04 hoping that this erase this unwanted
> problem... but nothing changed!
>
> Anyone can help me finding what is going on in my system?! Thanks!

K->System Settings->Window Behavior->Focus Policy drop down

select "Click to Focus"

--
Sometimes I wonder. Were our faith able to stand upright and look
around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe

Old 04-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Nils Kassube

Luca wrote:
> From some month I enabled a sort of autofocus feature in my kubuntu
> 7.10. Every time that the mouse move on a window, this window take
> focus. I really don't know how this is possible! I remember only that
> I was playing with compiz effects, but removing/disabling all change
> nothing.
>
> Today I upgraded to 8.04 hoping that this erase this unwanted
> problem... but nothing changed!

Go to K-Menu -> Systemsettings -> Window Behaviour -> Focus. Probably for
Focus Policy it is now selected "Focus under Mouse". Select "Click to
Focus" instead.

Nils

Old 04-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Luca

Thanks all. I really don't know how I selected this...

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:
> Luca wrote:
> > From some month I enabled a sort of autofocus feature in my kubuntu
> > 7.10. Every time that the mouse move on a window, this window take
> > focus. I really don't know how this is possible! I remember only that
> > I was playing with compiz effects, but removing/disabling all change
> > nothing.
> >
> > Today I upgraded to 8.04 hoping that this erase this unwanted
> > problem... but nothing changed!
>
> Go to K-Menu -> Systemsettings -> Window Behaviour -> Focus. Probably for
> Focus Policy it is now selected "Focus under Mouse". Select "Click to
> Focus" instead.
>

> Nils

-- luca