Old 04-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Mark Fraser

Default Google toolbar for FireFox 3

Looks like I've found a reason to stick with 7.10 for now, the Google toolbar
for Firefox doesn't work with Firefox 3

I have done a Google search, but there doesn't seem to be a solution at the
moment - I even tried the max value in install.rdf which did allow it to
install unfortunately it wouldn't allow me to search!!

Unless I can tell Kubuntu to not upgrade Firefox.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Karl Klinger

Mark Fraser wrote:
> Looks like I've found a reason to stick with 7.10 for now, the Google toolbar
> for Firefox doesn't work with Firefox 3
>
> I have done a Google search, but there doesn't seem to be a solution at the
> moment - I even tried the max value in install.rdf which did allow it to
> install unfortunately it wouldn't allow me to search!!
>
> Unless I can tell Kubuntu to not upgrade Firefox.

You can install package firefox-2 in 8.04. Many extentions don't work
yet with Firefox 3.

Karl

Old 04-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Paul Lemmons