Old 04-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Robert Tilley

Default KDE 4 will not install on Dell Dimension 2350

I've tried several times to install KDE 4 on my Dell Linux box. Every time,
when KDE tries to start, a black screen greets me with random graphic static
(vertical lines placed randomly).

I think KDE 4 is incompatible with the Intel 82845G graphics chipset. Any
opinions or knowledge otherwise are _extremely_ welcome.

Thanks, Bob
--
Q: What's tiny and yellow and very, very, dangerous?
A: A canary with the super-user password.