Old 04-24-2008, 03:33 PM
chuck adams

Default 8.04, ktorrent, and nvidia

If you start up ktorrent and it shows "stalled", don't give
up hope. Just leave it for a while and come back and see
how it is doing. It does take some time to get started, especially
now that so many people world-wide are downloading 8.04.

I fought this problem with a graphics system from nvidia
and amd64 distro. The motherboard is a ECS Elitegroup
GeForce 7050M-M with amd64 athlon x 2 and Nvidia
GeF7050 graphics chip set. I was downloading the
daily-live build every day for a month. For two days
the system would install, detect the graphics card,
and install nvidia-glx-new and on reboot would work
just fine. Then for two days the build would have a
bug in it and the reboot would not bring up the
X11 system.

Well, wouldn't you know it. The 8.04 release has the
bug in it. Don't know if this can be fixed easily.

FYI

Old 04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
"Michael Leone"

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:33 AM, chuck adams <k7qo@commspeed.net> wrote:

> Well, wouldn't you know it. The 8.04 release has the
> bug in it. Don't know if this can be fixed easily.

Yeah, it's small overlooked stuff like that that makes me wait a week
or more whenever a new version of anything comes out - OS,
application, etc ...

--
Michael J. Leone
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

Old 04-25-2008, 08:07 AM
"Willy Hamra"

does this bug affect geforce 7300? and is it only in 64 bit or does it also exist on 32 bit versions as well?

Old 04-25-2008, 02:20 PM
chuck adams

On Friday 25 April 2008 01:07:24 Willy Hamra wrote:
> does this bug affect geforce 7300? and is it only in 64 bit or does it also
> exist on 32 bit versions as well?

The bug is not in the 32-bit version of 8.04. I don't know if it
effect GeForce 7300 architectures....

FYI