Old 04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
chuck adams

Default 8.04 and bittorrent

The bittorrent download is available for 8.04, and in fact I
am downloading as we speak. Looks like about 45 mins
or less using a 1.5M link to the Internet.

Using ktorrent and the torrent files are at

http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent

and

http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

Try it. I started a 'wget' and that was going to take 12 hours or more.
ktorrent is the way to go and you also help by starting a download as your
system seeds a part of the distribution. The more the merrier. And if you
can leave ktorrent running on a system for the next week or so, you'll help
a lot of people. The tendency is for people to download and then terminate
ktorrent. That doesn't help if a lot of people don't help seed for the others
that follow. FYI.

Hope this helps someone not familiar with the package. It may start out a
little slow, but it will speed up as the system gets more time to work out
the load among every one else connected and seeding the distro.

try

ktorrent
http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent

all on one liine in a terminal window.

Chuck

Old 04-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Brad Opferman

All torrent links seems to be down. Does anyone have a link to a torrent
file elsewhere?

Thanks,

Brad Opferman

Old 04-24-2008, 04:23 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/4/24 Brad Opferman <bardo88@gmail.com>:
> All torrent links seems to be down. Does anyone have a link to a torrent
> file elsewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad Opferman

I got the torrent from the swedish mirror and had no problem and the iso
was downloaded in no more then 10 minutes.

http://se.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/