Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Default when 8.04 Kubuntu?

Eagerly awaiting to start download final version of 8.04 like the
Gnome-guys already busy doing. Anyone knows when it will be online?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 AM
lanzen

On Thursday 24 April 2008 11:44:52 O. Sinclair wrote:

> Eagerly awaiting to start download final version of 8.04 like the
> Gnome-guys already busy doing. Anyone knows when it will be online?

Soon if not already. It's all those "k" making it longer to upload! ;-)

--
lanzen

Old 04-24-2008, 10:27 AM
"O. Sinclair"

lanzen wrote:
> On Thursday 24 April 2008 11:44:52 O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>> Eagerly awaiting to start download final version of 8.04 like the
>> Gnome-guys already busy doing. Anyone knows when it will be online?
>
> Soon if not already. It's all those "k" making it longer to upload! ;-)

Not already, just checked. Yes, X and K are difficult things... and
patience is a virtue I guess.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Stephen Baker

http://gb.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/

--
Steve

There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and
- Robert Byrne

Old 04-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Cary Bielenberg

I just tried the Australian sites they are live but extremely slow.
Might wait till tomorrow.

Cary

Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Stephen Baker wrote:
> O. Sinclair wrote thus:
>> Eagerly awaiting to start download final version of 8.04 like the
>> Gnome-guys already busy doing. Anyone knows when it will be online?
>
> http://gb.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/

Your'e the man! I changed gb to my country and voila, there it is.. just
not officially announced yet.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:57 AM
lanzen

On Thursday 24 April 2008 12:46:59 Cary Bielenberg wrote:

> I just tried the Australian sites they are live but extremely slow.
> Might wait till tomorrow.

Why not picking up a torrent and help you while helping others? :-)

--
lanzen

Old 04-24-2008, 11:03 AM
lanzen

http://au.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-alternate-amd64.iso.torrent

http://au.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-alternate-i386.iso.torrent

http://au.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent

http://au.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

--
lanzen

Old 04-24-2008, 11:23 AM
"O. Sinclair"

lanzen wrote:
> On Thursday 24 April 2008 12:46:59 Cary Bielenberg wrote:
>
>> I just tried the Australian sites they are live but extremely slow.
>> Might wait till tomorrow.
>
> Why not picking up a torrent and help you while helping others? :-)

Last time I did I gave up after a day or so. Something with connections
here in southern Africa, even the iso will take overnight if not longer.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Scott

lanzen wrote:
> http://au.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-alternate-amd64.iso.torrent
>
> http://au.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-alternate-i386.iso.torrent
>
> http://au.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent
>
> http://au.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/8.04/kubuntu-8.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

Thanks, is there a torrent out for the DVD yet?

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 8.04