Old 04-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Fred Schaer

Default Firefox... is lightweight ??

Hi,

Just for fun : I see in Adept Updater that firefox can be updated.
What's funny is the description : "lightweight web browser based on
Mozilla"...

Were the update servers hacked ?

Regards

Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Norberto Bensa

Quoting Fred Schaer <fred.schaer@wanadoo.fr>:

> Just for fun : I see in Adept Updater that firefox can be updated.
> What's funny is the description : "lightweight web browser based on
> Mozilla"...

It _is_ lightweight compared to Mozilla

Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Eduardo Robles Elvira

El Martes 22 Abril 2008, Norberto Bensa escribió:
> It _is_ lightweight compared to Mozilla

No it's not, last time I checked. Depends of course what do you compare, but
probably mozilla itself loads faster and uses less memory even having more
features, and it doesn't take much disk space (and anyway that's never a
problem, everyone has a few Mib to spare).
I would rather say that firefox was in principle meant to be a lightweight
stripped version of Mozilla. Meh.

depends on the unreasonable man." (George Bernard Shaw)