Old 04-21-2008, 07:32 PM
"Francisco Borges"

Default KDE4 or stay with KDE3

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Richard <cms0009@gmail.com> wrote:
> just asking the group, should I stay with KDE3, or move on to the KDE4...
> 8.04
>
> Still heard some bugs in KDE4 about crashing...on the RC release.

FWIW, I am staying with KDE 3.

There are configuration options I use that are not present in KDE4.

KDE4 apps also lack functionality that make use of.

So for me, it's a not even a question.

You mileage may vary,
--
Francisco

Old 04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Valter Mura

Il luned́ 21 aprile 2008 21:32:05 Francisco Borges ha scritto:

> > just asking the group, should I stay with KDE3, or move on to the KDE4...
> > 8.04
> >
> > Still heard some bugs in KDE4 about crashing...on the RC release.
>
> FWIW, I am staying with KDE 3.

Same for me here.

> There are configuration options I use that are not present in KDE4.
>
> KDE4 apps also lack functionality that make use of.

I've tried the live CD and had problems with my system. Presently KDE3 is
working quite well for me.

--
Valter
Gnupgp ID: 0xD7274715 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com

Old 04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Scott

Richard wrote:
> just asking the group, should I stay with KDE3, or move on to the KDE4...
> 8.04
>
> Still heard some bugs in KDE4 about crashing...on the RC release
I'm sticking with KDE3 myself. KDE4 is not that buggy, but it is really
the start of something amazing. It looks really nice, but not a lot of
features haves been fully developed and you can not do that much with
it. For example, I could not figure out how to add a second panel at
the top; something I consider a requirement.

I'm very happy with the KDE3 in the 8.04RC and will probably switch over
to KDE4 either when KDE4.1 comes out or when Kubuntu 8.10 comes out, at
the latest.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.10

Old 04-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Paul Lemmons