-   -   locked data base (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/7354-locked-data-base.html)

"Leendert Hubertha Stuyt" 11-28-2007 02:48 PM

locked data base

Brand new LINUX user. Below newbie..................looooooooooow...deeper than whale doo doo.

So, I upgraded using the instructions but my latest kernel crashes. When I go to the previous version on my menu, loads OK however my data base is locked. In addition to the fact that i dont know what that means (I think something is blocking it, could it be the latest upgrade or attempt thereto)...will unlocking it allow another upgrade to fix this thing?

and yes, I am a Window user looking for salvation

thanks for your time

Qrazydutch
(with a Q so the real nuts wont get upset)

Donn 11-28-2007 03:58 PM

locked data base

> Brand new LINUX user. Below newbie..................looooooooooow...deeper
> than whale doo doo.
Cheer up :)

> So, I upgraded using the instructions but my latest kernel crashes.
Can you give us some more details?

> When I
> go to the previous version on my menu, loads OK however my data base is
> locked.
Again, some detail about what the error message is would help us to help you.

> and yes, I am a Window user looking for salvation
I hope we can figure it out, it's horrible not to be able to boot.