Old 04-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Alan Chandler

Default kde4 menu

Is it possible to edit the kde4 menu. In particular, I want to change
the favorites section.

I don't mind delving into the text files if someone could tell me where
they are and what they are called
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Old 04-18-2008, 12:03 PM
"p.daniels"

On Friday 18 April 2008 05:44:46 Alan Chandler wrote:
> Is it possible to edit the kde4 menu. In particular, I want to change
> the favorites section.
>
> I don't mind delving into the text files if someone could tell me where
> they are and what they are called

I think it's in 4.0.3. Can anyone confirm?

-p.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Alan Chandler

On Friday 18 Apr 2008, p.daniels wrote:
> On Friday 18 April 2008 05:44:46 Alan Chandler wrote:
> > Is it possible to edit the kde4 menu. In particular, I want to
> > change the favorites section.
> >
> > I don't mind delving into the text files if someone could tell me
> > where they are and what they are called
>
> I think it's in 4.0.3. Can anyone confirm?
>
> -p.

What do you mean. What is in 4.0.3 - an editor for the menu?

I think I found the text files

~/.kde4/share/config/kickoffrc

trouble is if I edit these WITHIN the kde environment, they get
overwritten when I log out.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Jussi Schultink

On Saturday 19 April 2008 00:52:23 Alan Chandler wrote:
> On Friday 18 Apr 2008, p.daniels wrote:
> > On Friday 18 April 2008 05:44:46 Alan Chandler wrote:
> > > Is it possible to edit the kde4 menu. In particular, I want to
> > > change the favorites section.
> > >
> > > I don't mind delving into the text files if someone could tell me
> > > where they are and what they are called
> >
> > I think it's in 4.0.3. Can anyone confirm?
> >
> > -p.
>
> What do you mean. What is in 4.0.3 - an editor for the menu?
>
> I think I found the text files
>
> ~/.kde4/share/config/kickoffrc
>
> trouble is if I edit these WITHIN the kde environment, they get
> overwritten when I log out.

In my kde4 (latest hardy), all you need to do is right click on the item you want in the favourites section and click add to favourites. to remove, right click, remove from favourites.

Jussi