Old 04-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Graham Todd

Default Flash For AMD64

I must apologise if this matter has been raised before, but I'm having
problems in finding Flash for the AMD64 architecture.

Could someone direct me to the appropriate URL or give me a
sources.list entry where it can be found?

Many thanks....

--
Graham Todd

Old 04-18-2008, 02:16 AM
dwain

have you googled:* flash amd64?
dwain

I must apologise if this matter has been raised before, but I'm having
problems in finding Flash for the AMD64 architecture.

Could someone direct me to the appropriate URL or give me a
sources.list entry where it can be found?

Many thanks....

--
Graham Todd

dwain alford
"The artist may use any form which his _expression_ demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable _expression_."**Kandinsky

Old 04-18-2008, 07:04 AM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/4/18 Graham Todd <grahamtodd2@googlemail.com>:
> I must apologise if this matter has been raised before, but I'm having
> problems in finding Flash for the AMD64 architecture.
>
> Could someone direct me to the appropriate URL or give me a
> sources.list entry where it can be found?
>
> Many thanks....
>
> --
> Graham Todd

Hi

It can't be found. There is no Flash for 64-bit OS as far as i know. My guess is
that you want to use Flash in your browser? In that case i would go
for installing
a 32-bit Firefox see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202537 for how
to do that. There is also
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/nspluginwrapper/
but it wasn't stable for me.

/ Jonas

Old 04-18-2008, 02:15 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Graham Todd said the following at 04/17/2008 05:37 PM :
> I must apologise if this matter has been raised before, but I'm having
> problems in finding Flash for the AMD64 architecture.
>
> Could someone direct me to the appropriate URL or give me a
> sources.list entry where it can be found?
>
> Many thanks....

Assuming that you're interested in using flash inside your browser:

flashplugin-nonfree

Works great (at least, it does here).

Doc

Old 04-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Graham

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:16:52 -0500
dwain <dwain.alford@gmail.com> wrote:

> have you googled: flash amd64?
> dwain

Yes, and variations of that, and used other search engines All tono
avail.

But I'll do it again just to make sure...

--

Graham Todd

Old 04-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Nicolas Ouellette

Le April 19, 2008 02:54:42 am Graham, vous avez écrit*:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:16:52 -0500
>
> dwain <dwain.alford@gmail.com> wrote:
> > have you googled: flash amd64?
> > dwain
>
> Yes, and variations of that, and used other search engines All tono
> avail.
>
> But I'll do it again just to make sure...
>
> --
>
> Graham Todd

You might want to check this link...

That's how I succesfully installed the flash player on my 64-bits box.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Ouellette
B.A., Philosophie, DESSEC

Old 04-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Graham

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:16:52 -0500
dwain <dwain.alford@gmail.com> wrote:

> have you googled: flash amd64?
> dwain

This was posted 9 hours ago (while I was asleep!):

that seems to be a hack to overcome the lack of a native 64-bit flash
player.

--

Graham Todd

Old 04-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Nicolas Ouellette

Le April 19, 2008 03:19:31 am Graham, vous avez écrit*:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:16:52 -0500
>
> dwain <dwain.alford@gmail.com> wrote:
> > have you googled: flash amd64?
> > dwain
>
> This was posted 9 hours ago (while I was asleep!):

> that seems to be a hack to overcome the lack of a native 64-bit flash
> player.
>
> --
>
> Graham Todd

You must've been asleep for months, then! If you watch closely, the post dates
back to june 2007...

Old 04-19-2008, 08:22 AM
lanzen

On Friday 18 April 2008 16:15:48 D. R. Evans wrote:

> flashplugin-nonfree
>
> Works great (at least, it does here).

I'll second that!

--
lanzen

Old 04-19-2008, 08:32 AM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/4/19 Graham <grahamtodd2@googlemail.com>:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:16:52 -0500
> dwain <dwain.alford@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > have you googled: flash amd64?
> > dwain
>
> This was posted 9 hours ago (while I was asleep!):

> that seems to be a hack to overcome the lack of a native 64-bit flash
> player.

Hi

Yes it's a kind of hack and it didn't work for me.

Just curious but did not my mail reach you? I wrote that there is no Flash
for 64-bit OS as far as i know. I have tested 2 solution trying to solve it,
Nspluginwrapper and Firefox 32-bit.

Nspluginwrapper:
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/nspluginwrapper/
Firefox 32-bit:

nspluginwrapper was very buggy and did not work good for me.
Installing a Firefox 32-bit worked like a charm with the script from
the forum and i have not had any trouble with it so far on any of
the pages i have tried it on. So i would try that first.

Good luck

/ Jonas