Old 04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Nigel Ridley

Default Logitech V100 mouse

I just bought a Logitech V100 optical mouse (for my laptop running Hardy) and was
wondering if it is possible to use the side action scroll wheel option in Linux (the
scroll wheel moves left and right as well as being a normal scroll wheel - under Vista it
is used for scrolling left and right).

Is there any useful for the extra scroll wheel function?
I did a Google but there wasn't anything.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries
http://www.oliveroot.net/

PrayingForIsrael.net
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

Old 04-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Jussi Schultink

On Thursday 17 April 2008 18:34:42 Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I just bought a Logitech V100 optical mouse (for my laptop running Hardy) and was
> wondering if it is possible to use the side action scroll wheel option in Linux (the
> scroll wheel moves left and right as well as being a normal scroll wheel - under Vista it
> is used for scrolling left and right).
>
> Is there any useful for the extra scroll wheel function?
> I did a Google but there wasn't anything.

I think btnx will fit your needs, I use it for my mx1000. I dont think its in the repos, so you will have to google for it and compile.

Jussi

Old 04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Nigel Ridley

Jussi Schultink wrote:
> On Thursday 17 April 2008 18:34:42 Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> I just bought a Logitech V100 optical mouse (for my laptop running Hardy) and was
>> wondering if it is possible to use the side action scroll wheel option in Linux (the
>> scroll wheel moves left and right as well as being a normal scroll wheel - under Vista it
>> is used for scrolling left and right).
>>
>> Is there any useful for the extra scroll wheel function?
>> I did a Google but there wasn't anything.
>
> I think btnx will fit your needs, I use it for my mx1000. I dont think its in the repos, so you will have to google for it and compile.
>
> Jussi

Thanks - that looks like the ticket. I'll have to compile it as there's no deb for Hardy
(or KDE for that matter).

Nigel