Old 04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Constantinos Maltezos

Default the newest Flash

Well, after a recent update, nspluginviewer now crashes when Konqueror tries
to view a web page that contains Flash content. I do know that a new Flash
was part of the update. After a quick search, I found someone that said the
latest Flash for Linux doesn't work in any browser not based on the gecko
engine. This is very disappointing, however I wonder if it's truly the case
as I've heard no one ask about it here. Has anyone had my problem and
resolved it? I must point out that Flash does work fine in Firefox.

If this really is a problem, I probably just have to wait until a patch is
made for Konqueror to fix Adobe's mistake and in the mean time use Firefox
when I need it.

And another thing, I am pretty darn sick and tired of going through my
filesystem after an update and deleting all the instances of
flashplugin-alternative.so that appear in all my plugin directories. Flash
never works in either browser while these stupid things are around. And I
tried to find out what package they belong to with dpkg -S, but apparently
they belong to no package. What the heck is going on with that? I notice a
flash installer on my system in /var/cache/flashplugin-nonfree - is that
installed by the package for Flash and then run during the configuration?
Might that be putting these stupid files on my system? If there's any way I
can stop it from doing so, I'd love to find out how.