-   -   some file dialogs never display anything (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/711787-some-file-dialogs-never-display-anything.html)

"D. R. Evans" 10-12-2012 02:21 PM

some file dialogs never display anything

Using 64-bit Kubuntu precise with just the stock repositories.

A few programs have "open file" or "open directory" dialogs that never
populate the dialog, and the only thing I can do is to kill the program in
question and figure out some way to avoid opening that dialog.

Most programs (at least, the ones I use) work fine.

Example problemmatic programs: scribus, digikam (the "import" dialogs).

Any clues as to what the problem could be?

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR