-   -   black screen(solved) (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/711747-black-screen-solved.html)

Errol Sapir 10-12-2012 11:57 AM

black screen(solved)

On 10/11/2012 06:01 PM, Errol Sapir wrote:

On 10/11/2012 04:44 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

On 11/10/12 10:37, Errol Sapir wrote:

Tried that to no avail. I think the problem is one of the settings of
the desktop because if I go into "repair" mode and then go to command
line and type startx, the gui desktop comes up. It isn't "my" desktop,
just an empty plain gui KDE desktop. When login in "normally" the
desktop starts to appear after typing my password and then goes black.
It is though a black cover has been formed over the desktop because
all the programs work with ALT/F2 and the typing the name of the
program. All this time the mouse curser is visible and is movable but
clicking anywhere on the screen does nothing until I use ALT/F2 and
then I can type in the name of any program and click on the list that
appears to operate the program. The mouse and keyboard work perfectly
on any program opened.
There is also no panel visible at any time and if I minimize a program
it disappears "under" the black screen.
Errol