Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Strange message after 4.9.2 upgrade

On Thursday 04 October 2012 11:52:21 Bas Roufs -En. wrote:
> Hello Georgi,
>
> > After upgrading to 4.9.2, I have this message to appear from time to time
> > (when Akonadi is checking the google calendar):
> > "Google Calendar: Items requested for an unknown collection"
>
> Yesterday I too upgraded to KDE 4.9.2. from 4.9.1.
> So far, this message did not show up. On the contrary, Kontact works much
> smoother in my case ever since this upgrade.
>
> However, another detail springs to my mind which might be a useful
> "workaround". A few weeks ago, I added the ppa backports to my repository,
> after which I upgraded to 4.9.1.
> Via SYSTEM SETTINGS > personal info > Akonadi Resources Configuration, I
> found 2 new agents:
> "akonadi_googlecontacts_resource"
> "akonadi_googlecalendar_resource".
> I installed those ones and uninstalled older agents with the same function.
> While installing each of them, I did the following:
> + giving in the right Gmail username and password;
> + give Kontact permission to access my google addressbook, calendar and
> tasks. Ever since that moment, syncing contacts, agenda and tasks works
> much, much better.
> I would advise you to check and adapt the settings in the same way.
> Respectfulll yours,
> Bas Roufs.

You are absolutely correct! There are two new items that are within Akonadi
with a small Google icon. After installing these and following the steps
described by you, I have a copy of the FULL (compared to the previous option)
performance of both contacts and calendar (incl. tasks). Thanks,
gk

Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 PM
uteck

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 04 October 2012 11:52:21 Bas Roufs -En. wrote:
>> Hello Georgi,
>>
>> > After upgrading to 4.9.2, I have this message to appear from time to time
>> > (when Akonadi is checking the google calendar):
>> > "Google Calendar: Items requested for an unknown collection"
>>
>> Yesterday I too upgraded to KDE 4.9.2. from 4.9.1.
>> So far, this message did not show up. On the contrary, Kontact works much
>> smoother in my case ever since this upgrade.
>>
>> However, another detail springs to my mind which might be a useful
>> "workaround". A few weeks ago, I added the ppa backports to my repository,
>> after which I upgraded to 4.9.1.
>> Via SYSTEM SETTINGS > personal info > Akonadi Resources Configuration, I
>> found 2 new agents:
>> "akonadi_googlecontacts_resource"
>> "akonadi_googlecalendar_resource".
>> I installed those ones and uninstalled older agents with the same function.
>> While installing each of them, I did the following:
>> + giving in the right Gmail username and password;
>> + give Kontact permission to access my google addressbook, calendar and
>> tasks. Ever since that moment, syncing contacts, agenda and tasks works
>> much, much better.
>> I would advise you to check and adapt the settings in the same way.
>> Respectfulll yours,
>> Bas Roufs.
>
> You are absolutely correct! There are two new items that are within Akonadi
> with a small Google icon. After installing these and following the steps
> described by you, I have a copy of the FULL (compared to the previous option)
> performance of both contacts and calendar (incl. tasks). Thanks,
> gk

That is great to hear. I stopped using kontact a few months ago
because the integration with the rest of Google stopped working and I
could not get it back, but after getting burned by Thunderbird updates
breaking add-ons I'll have to try kontact again.
One thing Thunderbird has spoiled me with is the ability to
automatically reply to email with the account it arrived in. Kmail
uses the default account to send messages, so I have to remember to
change that when replying to messages from my mail-list account so it
does not get sent from my friends-and-family account.

--
no .sig found
Please restart your browser.