Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default Strange message after 4.9.2 upgrade

Dear all,

After upgrading to 4.9.2, I have this message to appear from time to time (when Akonadi is checking the google calendar):

"Google Calendar: Items requested for an unknown collection"

Anyone else with this issue? What is this and any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks,
gk

Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Mark Fraser

On Oct 4, 2012 9:29 AM, "Georgi Kourtev" <gkourtev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,

> After upgrading to 4.9.2, I have this message to appear from time to time (when Akonadi is checking the google calendar):

> "Google Calendar: Items requested for an unknown collection"

> Anyone else with this issue? What is this and any ideas how to solve it?

Yes, I noticed this too after carrying out the upgrade. Was going to see if it still happened today after a reboot before filing a bug.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
"Bas Roufs -En."

Hello Georgi,

> After upgrading to 4.9.2, I have this message to appear from time to time
> (when Akonadi is checking the google calendar):
> "Google Calendar: Items requested for an unknown collection"

Yesterday I too upgraded to KDE 4.9.2. from 4.9.1.
So far, this message did not show up. On the contrary, Kontact works much
smoother in my case ever since this upgrade.

However, another detail springs to my mind which might be a useful
"workaround". A few weeks ago, I added the ppa backports to my repository,
after which I upgraded to 4.9.1.
Via SYSTEM SETTINGS > personal info > Akonadi Resources Configuration, I found
2 new agents:
"akonadi_googlecontacts_resource"
"akonadi_googlecalendar_resource".
I installed those ones and uninstalled older agents with the same function.
While installing each of them, I did the following:
+ giving in the right Gmail username and password;
+ give Kontact permission to access my google addressbook, calendar and tasks.
Ever since that moment, syncing contacts, agenda and tasks works much, much
better.
I would advise you to check and adapt the settings in the same way.
Respectfulll yours,
Bas Roufs.

--
Bas G. Roufs MA